Wednesday, 26 March 2014

Primary Photographs 

These are my starting point photographs which I have taken trying to express 'abuse.' I used makeup to help emphasise the effect/mood. 





After taking these first few photographs I realised that I needed to add something else to help emphasise abuse even more so. I decided I needed to add a background as well as adding feeling/emotion. After realising this, I re-photographed my photographs to have this outcome: 









After discussing my primary photographs with my peers and tutors in my class, they had noticed that even though these second primary photographs are a lot better and show a lot more emotion and feeling, they still look quite 'clean' and neat and so they had advised me to retake some more photographs but perhaps using props and/or make the model stand in a certain way or position themselves to help show how upset and distressed someone might be after they had just been hurt. 

After receiving this very helpful feedback, I decided to take some more photographs using/responding to their advice and have my model posing in different positions to help emphasise abuse even more; this was my outcome: 
















1 comment:

  1. I really like your use of make up, I would definately do more with more make up and edit them so you get more contrast.
    Olivia x

    ReplyDelete