Monday, 10 March 2014

Design Ideas

My first design idea is to impasto transfer one of my most successful experiments onto balsa wood and then burn around the edges of the photograph. 
I think this would make an interesting final piece because I am communicating abuse in different ways; through the photograph experiment and physically burning the wood. 
I would display this piece on a shelf balanced against a plain wall.




My second design idea is to print my fractured experiments, but have each section A4 size, cut them into their correct shape and then place them slightly apart for each other. This design idea was inspired by KK DePaul and her 'grid' like pieces. 
I particularly like this design idea because even though it is only a photograph and not a mix-media photograph, I am still communicating my theme and intentions of abuse. 
I would display this piece by simply placing it on my wall area.




My third design idea is to impasto transfer one of my Kurt Schwitter experiments onto canvas material, rip them apart into several strips and then stitch them back, leaving some space for them to hang. 
This piece would be on a large scale of A2 size and I would display my piece by hanging it in front of my board so it can freely hang more about and people can walk around it. 








No comments:

Post a Comment