Final Piece
For my final piece I decided to create my second design idea, however I did make some changes to my piece which I didn't mention in my design ideas.
The first thing I changed was that some of the parts or segments were photograms instead of digital photographs and the second change was that I added a series of 3, of my most successful experiments I created in my sketchbook. The reason I added these changes to my final piece is because i felt it would make my piece more visually interesting instead of having it all digital.
Also, the 3 series expresses my theme 'Delicate Situations - Abuse' even further without using explaining it.
** add photo of other piece **
My artist statement:
Name: Amy Wolstenholme
Destination: BA (Hons) Photography at
Westminster University, London.
Artist
Statement: These
are my final pieces for my Final Major Project ‘Delicate Situations.’ In my
project I wanted to express abuse, physical and non-physical abuse and I also
wanted to communicate how abuse affects a person mentally, emotionally and
psychologically as well as seeing scars or bruises on a person. My first final
piece I have created by taking primary photo of someone with a bruised face, I
then added texture in Photoshop of a decaying floor, to symbolise the mental
effect of abuse, and then I ripped the photograph into different pieces to
represent the emotional/psychological effect. The person in the photo is
feeling fractured and broken. My other final piece, the 3 series, I am
communicating the same effect. First piece is a multiple layered photograph; to
express double personality effect. Second piece with the stitch over the
photograph is to express ‘hiding’; that the person in the photo is hiding from
everyone else. My third piece is different layers of burning photographs, to
represent time and that you never know how long abuse has been going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment