Saturday, 15 March 2014

My Responses to  Kurt Schwitters

These are my responses to Kurt Schwitters: 




I created these responses in Photoshop, in response to Kurt Schwitters double exposure pieces.
I wanted to create a double personality effect. I wanted to create the effect that the person in the photograph might be going mental from being trapped or because they have been abused for some time. Or perhaps they might be feeling fragile or collapsing inside but 'putting on a strong' face on the outside so no-one sees their pain or abuse. 

I think these experiments are very successful and effective because I have created the effect I wanted to communicate, but also some other effects, such as:
-in the second experiment I have used to very different photographs, one of my teenage brother and one of my grandfather. I think this particular experiment work very well because it gives us the feeling that they might be well connected. Perhaps the grandfather used to abuse the boy or the boy is abusing the older man and the man is too weak to defend himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment